You probably don’t think too much about the parts of a refrigerator before it shuts down, or before it is time to buy a new model. To guarantee you get the most use possible out of this important appliance it can be very nice to know how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cool—and Horizon Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read on to find out all you should know about how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and if it is the time to call refrigerator repair.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not many houses that do not have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a standard household appliance for a lot of years. A household refrigerator stores your food at the best temperature, in order to stop spoilage and slow down the growth of bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by transferring the warmth from inside of the unit to the outside, using the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The standard components of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Horizon Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is both a pump and motor, and it’s necessary for the circulation of refrigerant throughout the system.
A compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. You should call a professional company if the compressor is broken.
The condenser is attached on the rear outside wall of the refrigerator and helps to release the heat built-up inside the refrigerator then out to the surrounding air.
The evaporator is housed in the interior of the refrigerator where it absorbs the heat trapped within it, thereby reducing the interior temperature.
Right when the evaporator stops working, it is time to call a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquified coolant is directed within a capillary tube that works as an expansion tool as it cools the gas inside, turning it into a liquid.
The thermostat will regulate the current temperature throughout a refrigerator, beginning the cooling period as it is necessary.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is often prone to issues. Troubleshoot and hire a contractor in CITY for service the moment a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator goes above the set point sensors signal the compressor to engage, and the cool down begins. The refrigerator draws in the cold liquid refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes it, and increases the temperature, so it can turn into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor pushes the heated gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the back of the appliance, at which point it comes into contact with warmer temperature in the home and transforms to a liquified form.
3. The cool liquid then continues its journey to the evaporator component, making its way through the many coils within the refrigerator and freezer section.
4. The liquid then absorbs the heated air from inside the refrigerator, thereby returning the temperature until it has reached the desired final point.
5. The refrigerant evaporates, and turns back to a gas, and returns to the compressor unit so it can then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is used in a number of applications and appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting warmth from a single place and then moving it to a different one the cycle of refrigeration helps cooling your home, provides a perfect space for perishable food, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of many different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require repair? Time to schedule an appointment with Horizon Appliance Repair.
Horizon Appliance Repair will fix almost all popular models of refrigerators – that includes restaurant models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our repairman in CITY are trained to fix cooling issues, ice makers, condensation, water puddles and leaks, bulbs, digital panels, smart technology and other malfunctions. We know all about refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2023  Horizon Appliance Repair